Hello guys, Shion here!
So yesterday, Iron banner started again, and this time, we get to play in Clash mode. It also came in with a new update for the Nightstalker class that returns the three quivers in your shadowshot.
During the first iron banner of year 2, my only character back then is the Hunter. So right now, I’m quite sad that I won’t be able to complete the set for my Warlock and Titan. But, since Bungie updated, the rewards are really great. I might get a Titan mark or a Warlock bond from the rewards if I grind them like my Hunter. Grinding for 5 hours is enough to give you the chest armor and the gauntlet. In addition to that, Bungie rewards us not with just the armor, but the light itself. I recently was rewarded with a 300 Armor, and a 304 Gauntlet for my Hunter. Though, getting those rewards is quite random. Even if you play a very great game, it’s not guaranteed that you’ll have a 300 armor from the rewards. I actually got two low light armor before I got the 300 armor chest piece. While, my 304 gauntlet, it’s the first one that was rewarded for me.
Tips for Iron Banner:
- If you’re a rusher, it’s better to have your Invective shotgun at your side. Rushing is not always good if your team can’t keep up with you, you should take note of that.
- Playing with your fireteam. For some players, they prefer to play quietly, but it’s also nice to have your friend at your back or be the back up. It’s either that your the rusher and he’s the follow up guy, or vice-versa.
- Stealth. I actually admire those with the skills of stealth at such an open map. I was always beaten up by these bladedancers because I’m a rusher even though I’m holding a sniper. The invisibility skill is really great if you know how to use it. Even with Nightstalkers, though the thing with Nightstalkers, is you get a very small time of your invisibility only. Not to mention, it eats up your smoke grenade that you could use for other things.
- Don’t use your heavy ammo right away. It’s been known that if a player got a heavy ammo, they rush to get some kills. It’s actually a bad idea if you ask me. Just wait till everyone finishes off their ammos, then it’s your time to shine.
- Use a sniper rifle that has the “Random bonus damage from a shot in your magazine.” I actually died several times because of the Eirene which has that perk. Even if they shot you at your feet, there’s a 20% that you’ll drop dead right away. Even so, I got back at them by using my sniper that has no great perks. Just shoot them in the head.
- The titan class. If you’re using a titan defender, don’t rush in. Use your bubble for the heavy ammo, it keeps your team safe, and the ammo as well. A titan striker is a great choice for a rusher. Just put up the skill of shoulder charge or the shield for sprint, it gives you a big edge against the other players. I personally hate the shoulder charge, as I couldn’t kill other players that uses that skill. If you’re using a sun breaker, it’s best if you stick with a group. A sun breaker can actually adapt to any style, but be sure to guard your back if you plan on rushing.
- The warlock class. If you’re using a stormcaller, your super always gets in the way of rushers and groups. Be sure to use it when you see a group of players camping or hiding. If your choice is the sun singer, you can rush any time you want. Having the resurrect perk gives you an edge against the enemies. As for the void walker, you should stick with your team and bomb them whenever you can. If you rush, be sure you have your blink perk. It confuses the enemies and makes it hard for you to be tracked at all.
- The hunter class. The bladedancer is the best choice for stealth rushers. The fact that it has the blink ability and the invisibility mode, gives you the highest edge ever. Bladedancers can be irritating as enemies, but great allies. The gunslinger is for those who wants to snipe. As the name said, gunslinger, it also gives you the tripmine grenade that helps you plant traps whenever you can. The golden gun can also neutralize other supers with just one shot. Shooting down a sun breaker, bladedancer, and a stormcaller is the best way to use the golden gun. Don’t let your hand itch to use it when no one’s super is on. The nightstalker class is a very very good help with the team. It gives a very good support if you choose the vanish in smoke ability for your team. It can also adapt into any kind of play. Using the shadowshot neutralizes other players’ supers. Having three quivers now, you can always rush to players with supers or groups and give them a shot with your bow. The smoke with toxin does suppress the enemy, be sure that it’s also a group. A suppressed group is the easiest way to have multiples kills, having a combo of the fusion grenade and the suppressor is the best.
Tips on how to raise your rank in Iron banner faster:
- To raise your Iron banner rank faster, you should know the tricks above. Giving you more kills with strategies and more assists. Before going into the field, be sure to visit lord Saladin for the bounties.
- Getting the gold bounties is top priority. It gives you +525 on your rank. It’s not just the legendary marks, it’s also the random reward whenever you claim the bounty. I got a legendary cloak from the bounty as well.
- Get multiple kills. It’s not easy as it sounds, but you can always get these kills when you’re using a heavy rocket launcher, or the exotic sword. The Truth is also a great choice for rocket launchers, though it eats up your chance for having your red death or jade rabbit in your primary weapon. The Sleeper Simulant is also a good choice, it bounces everywhere, giving you a higher chance to get multiple kills.
- Get assists. Don’t be frustrated if all you get are assists. It also gives you points, being the unsung hero gives you a lot of points too.